16 Sep How to clean kitchen countertops naturally?
Most of what we know as cleaners are toxins. Chemicals that are hazardous to our health and the environment. It is not natural for things to be poisonous, yet somehow it is now normal for us to use poisonous materials on our counters without even knowing it. But there are many ways how to clean kitchen countertops naturally.
How to clean kitchen countertops?
You will need:
* Baking Soda
* Lemon juice or vinegar
* Microfiber cloths
Step 1: Mix together distilled water and baking soda. Pour the mixture onto a microfiber cloth or directly onto your countertop. Scrub away tough spots with a sponge, then wipe off the residue with a clean cloth.
Step 2: Wash the surface with distilled water and dry it up with a dish towel to remove excess baking soda or vinegar before using your countertops.
Step 3: For tougher stains, use lemon juice instead of distilled water, baking soda, and salt. Just mix everything and use it as you would normally do.
Step 4: If you want to, finish it with vinegar. Wipe the surface with a clean microfiber cloth and let it air dry.
Step 5: Once your countertops are clean, put all the used towels and washcloths in the washing machine to kill any bacteria left on them.
Step 6: Make your own line of cleaners with vinegar-based products that smell great. You can use white or apple cider vinegar as a base, then add lavender oil for fragrance, plus grapefruit or orange essential oil for a fresh scent. You can use vinegar to clean and disinfect all your surfaces, including glass and tiles.
Kitchen countertop maintenance tips
* Always use a cutting board on the countertop. It will not only prolong the life of your countertop but will also protect your knives from dulling quickly.
* Use a designated dishcloth for kitchen counters and surfaces that are used for cooking. This way, you can avoid mixing different dirt and spreading it around.
* Using a different one might take more effort, but it will be worth the time – especially if you want to clean kitchen countertops naturally.
* Always make sure that your countertops are dry before using them again. This way, you can avoid scratching the surface and making any damages worse than they already are.
* Clean up spills immediately. It will save your time and energy while also prolonging the life of your countertops.
* Clean them regularly- this way, you can avoid having too much dirt on your counters or forgetting some spots that are really difficult to clean. Don’t scrub too hard- especially if you have scratches on the surface, once you clean kitchen countertops naturally.
*Do not use any chemicals to clean them with- it will only contaminate the surface even more and cause unnecessary damage.
When you clean kitchen countertops naturally, you not only save yourself from breathing in toxic chemicals but also prolong already existing damage. And it is even better if your counters are still somewhat new. But if they’re too old and cannot be repaired anymore, consider replacing them with newer ones that use natural adhesive materials instead of harmful PVC.
You may also like to read 9 things to consider when renovating your kitchen