27 Aug How to clean the oven tray?
Cleaning is never a pleasant task, but it is much less so when removing the toughest and most encrusted dirt. In this case, it is often difficult to remove the grease that remains on kitchen utensils and appliances.
If you have doubts about how to clean the burned tray of the oven, you need help because no matter how much you rub or let it soak, the dirt does not disappear. And the problem comes when you use it again: that dirt heats up and the substances and odors mix with the food you are cooking. It is not pleasant at all. Therefore, today we bring you several tips to know how to clean the oven tray. Let’s go there!
How to clean the oven tray?
Baking soda is a very effective solution for many situations. It is used to clean silver and even to wash. It is a powerful disinfectant for many household appliances, and in this case, to clean the oven tray and rack. Its powerful effect facilitates the heavy task of cleaning between the rods one by one. Consider these steps to clean the baking sheet with baking soda:
- Pour about 10 tablespoons of baking soda into a bowl and mix it with four water and four more vinegar.
- Pour the mixture on the tray. You must rub with a scouring pad after letting it act for two or three minutes. Of course, be very careful and go little by little because the foam rises too fast. Ideally, you should see that a medium-thick paste is forming.
- Rinse the mixture with water until there are no remains of the mixture.
It will seem strange to wash with water, but it is a very simple remedy and very useful. The burned baking sheet should be washed in hot water, as its heat will help remove the dirt. Follow these steps to learn how to clean the oven tray with water:
- Before proceeding with this solution, make sure to remove the most superficial fat, the one that is less encrusted. For this, you can use absorbent paper.
- We need to have a dishwasher or sink large enough to let the tray soak for the procedure. It can also be done in the bathtub, as long as you clean it later. Either way, the important thing is that the water comes to a boil to have the effect we want.
- You should leave the tray in hot water for an hour or two.
- With a sponge, remove any dirt that has remained. If you notice that it is still left, it is not bad to try the previous method (the baking soda) as a second step. It all depends on how embedded the dirt is.
The acidity of the lemon matters to solve this problem. It has great disinfectant power. In addition, this is also very useful if what you are wondering is how to clean the oven glass. The lemon protects it, unlike other more aggressive products. And not only that, but it will also add shine.
This technique is very useful when the problem is a large amount of fat. So write down these steps if you want to know how to remove the blackest and most encrusted dirt from the baking sheet:
- You should first rinse the tray with water to remove any easy-to-eject debris.
- Squeeze a lemon. This manages to remove the fat in addition to eliminating bad odors. Therefore, you must add it after having rinsed the tray with water. Also, add scratched peel. You will see that it does more effect.
- With the lemon juice and the grated peel, turn on the oven and insert the tray. Let the trick work for half an hour and then wash it off well.
Another trick is to use aluminum foil. It is a very smart way to avoid cleaning the oven since dirt is not embedded. Depending on the food, yes, it can be a problem because sometimes it alters its flavor. However, in other cases, such as papillote recipes, it is an essential method that prepares the dish to remain as it should be.
Clean an aluminum cookie sheet
And if you have an aluminum baking tray, this method that we explain below effectively cleans it. Follow these tips to know how to clean an aluminum cookie sheet:
- You must have baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
- Spread a layer of baking soda on the tray and pour hydrogen peroxide.
- Repeat another layer of baking soda on top of the aluminum cookie sheet.
- Let the solution sit for up to two hours and then, with a sponge, rub off the dirt. Take advantage of the power of this mixture and do not miss a single corner of the container.
Remember that all these techniques are perfectly combinable. You can apply one and then try another. Sometimes it is very difficult to remove dirt from the oven. So, if you want to clean a very dirty and burned oven, all these tricks are for you. Choose the one that suits you best and apply it.
You may also like to read, Compliance in commercial catering